29 March 2009

birds and bricks

I arrived at the construction site alone today (to take a look at the bricks, but we'll get to that later). It was rainy and dark and after I let myself into the house I heard banging noises coming from the basement. I called out - is anybody there?? - but no one answered, so I crept to the stairwell and the noises continued. Now those of you that know me well, know that the only thing that would be more terrifying than some creepy person lurking in the basement of the house would be a bird. That's of course what I found, and bolted upstairs. I thought my parent's bedroom would be safe and went into the ensuite washroom to check out the drywall only to find another bird perched on the stud wall. All I could do was run outside and lock the door behind me.....

So now onto the bricks. Pigmented mortar (right) vs. natural mortar (left). I can't decide.



Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to comment, as I'm sure you've already made a decision, ha. That being said, I do like the way the natural mortar compliments the variation in the brick color. Whatever you went/go with, just remember its only architects that will pick up on it :)

    ReplyDelete